09 January 2010

Wedding

Went for wedding event on 16 December 2009, it's cousin's wedding.
First time being a photographer in a wedding event.
Unfortunately I am not feeling well on the big day. The result wasn't that good, which need a lot of post processing.
I did some research before I go but everything is different from what I learn and planned.
The problem I encountered is the event started at late night, which the surroundings is so dark.
Also, the crowd is blocking me and I cannot get a picture with a desired angle.
Then my flash seems like having problem on metering, some of my shots were overexposed and underexposed.
Anyway, if you want to shoot wedding, you got to know the flow of the wedding.

Door game.
(above) Left man: "Ooi, open the gate!!!"
Right man: "Ang pau RM888 first!!!" [Just my own imagination, haha.]

(above) The bride seems so happy.


Tea ceremony.
People say this is the most long and boring moment, I am not sure of this, I just know this is a very important moment.
(above) Tea ceremony.

Outdoor shooting.
A nice spot, flashes, and reflectors if you have one.
No one told me I had to shoot outdoor, so I am unprepared... not even a paper or any white stuff as reflector...
Shot using only 50mm and SB800.
(above) The bride.

(above) The sisters. I liked this picture the most.

(above) White girl and black man.

Both bride and bridegroom were so tired, so the outdoor session had to end earlier.
Not much shots taken.
(above) I like the color mood of this picture, a little bit desaturated.

Lunch or dinner or whatever cerebration.
People eat, drink, and talk. Some sings too, it depends.
Usually group pictures, family pictures, pictures with friends took here. get ready for a wide angle lens (if got) and flash sphere or whatever.
It is quite fun to capture the yum seng moment.
(above) Yum seng!!!

There is no reshoot on wedding event. This phrase can be seen on every photographers blog, tips or their sharing. Yes, it is true, no reshoot.
Just want to share my experience on my first wedding shooting.
Comments and critics are welcome.

-END-

No comments: